Alert level 1
Kaipara Ultrasound is an essential service and will remain open throughout the different alert levels, although some restrictions will apply.
In order to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our patients, staff and the community, we ask that you remain home if you are unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms. We will gladly reschedule your appointment.
We are not in a position to cater for those at increased risk of COVID-19, therefore will not be able to scan you if you have had contact with any suspected or confirmed cases, are symptomatic with cold or flu symptoms, are in self isolation or returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
To reduce the number of people in our clinic and allow physical distancing, we ask that you only bring one support person to your scan during this time.
We ask that you please wear masks and use hand sanitiser as you enter our building. As a responsible healthcare provider, we are taking the following steps (based on the advice of the Ministry of Health) to keep our patients and staff safe, and prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- Excellent hand hygiene
- Encouragement of physical distancing where possible
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Screening questionnaires for all patients on arrival
- Use of masks – all patients are strongly encouraged to wear a mask as during a scan, as physical distancing is unable to be maintained
- Appointment spacing to allow for more time between patients allowing for disinfecting, and limit crossover
- QR code clearly displayed to aid with contact tracing
- Administration and managerial staff working from home as much as possible
- Educating our staff about Coronavirus
- Asking staff members to stay home if they are not well
Thanks for your co-operation during this time,
The Team at Kaipara Ultrasound
For further information go to the Covid-19 website